550 Grand Street
sq. ft. (est)
Park / Garden View
April 30, 2017
By appointment from 10:30am - 3:30pm
Call 212-388-1115 or stop by 563 Grand Street for appointment. Brokers must accompany their clients.
With ceilings over 9ft high, this amazingly well-thought out, custom renovation maximizes space so not a single square inch is wasted! Whether it’s the spacious closets in the living room, foyer, and master bedroom (most with Elfa systems and all with covered storage above), the custom pullout pantry and Brazilian rosewood spice racks in the kitchen, or the 30-draw custom entertainment cabinet in the living room, you’ll find a place for everything in this apartment. The kitchen is designed for a chef with high end stainless steel appliances like the 6-burner Premiere Pro Series gas range (with pot filler above) and the 36” restaurant-style sink & faucet. The bath has a space-saving oak wood sliding door, temperature adjusted custom rainshower and more! You’ll love entertaining here and your guests will love visiting so much they may want to stay over. No problem with that - the living room has cleverly designed doors which allows it to double as a guest bedroom. That’s just the short summary. The detailed list follows…
- LG refrigerator/freezer with ice maker
- Whirlpool dishwasher with food grinder
- Premiere Pro Series 6-burner gas range with broiler
- Broan Elite range vent with charcoal filter
- 36” restaurant-style sink & faucet.
- Pot filler above the gas range
- Tiled backsplash behind the gas range and wainscoting backsplash throughout the rest of the kitchen
- All of the cabinetry and drawers were custom designed
- slide-out mini-pantry adjacent to the refrigerator
- double-pull-out appliance shelves (Rev-A-Shelf)
- pull-out drawer for knives or spices.
- Brazilian rosewood spice racks on the wall
- Brazilian rosewood table with shelves + storage & mahogany doors
- granite counters
- pull-out double trash bins
- storage space above all of the upper cabinets
- covered storage above the refrigerator (flush with the front for easy access)
- remote-controlled window blinds!
- custom-designed 30-drawer entertainment unit (including double remote-control drawers)
- remote-controlled lights & fan
- remote-controlled window blinds.
- fold-away door that can be closed to turn the living room into a private guest bedroom
- Space-saving oak wood sliding door
- Temperature adjusted custom rainshower
- Decolav sink
- New medicine cabinet, lighting
- New floor and wall tiles
- Custom closet with 4 hanging rods
- windows on two exposures
- Built-in storage shelves and cubby storage
- double laundry bin.
- There’s currently a 2nd closet (3’ x 3’) in this room which can be converted to a 2nd bath (additional plumbing required to connect to vent and water lines in the adjacent bath plus waste line below)
- 3 closets and 2 cedar closets along the living room and foyer, each with Elfa system and closed storage above
- Custom built radiator covers
- Ceiling fan/light fixture in all rooms
- Base molding throughout
- Hardwood parquet floors throughout, including the kitchen
Features & Amenities :
Look for the double pine tree insignia of The Hillman community on the north side of Grand Street. This gracious complex boasts gorgeous landscaping, jewel-toned impatiens bordering every courtyard, and a private, gently sloping, locked park enclosed by an elegant wrought iron fence. The tall trees form a canopy over the lush greenery, with plentiful benches winding around the pathway.
The wooden and glass doors in the stone entryways lead into beautiful private lobbies for each section, and access is secured by a double door buzzer system. The common areas including the lobbies, laundry rooms and fitness center, are monitored by security cameras. All of the apartments have been furnished with new, easy to clean Traco windows. The fully equipped state-of-the-art exercise room offers cable television while you work out on treadmills, bicycles, ellipticals, Stairmasters and circuit training machines and is open 24 hours accommodating every schedule. The laundry rooms, too, are available for use round-the-clock. An indoor community room and a children’s playroom offer gathering places and activities for the community’s seniors and youngsters.
Cultural offerings are literally steps away at the neighboring historic Abrons Arts Center and Harry De Jur Playhouse. Hillman is also especially convenient to the shops and services on Grand Street. M14 bus service will bring you right to your door and provide easy access to the F, J, M and Z trains.
The coops are a brief walk away from East River Park, a jewel of the NYC Parks Department which offers a jogging path, river promenade, tennis courts, athletic fields, and amphitheater where free concerts are held in the spring and summer. In the other direction the excitement of Chinatown, Little Italy and the East Village are a stroll or short bus ride away.